BUA International Limited, the parent company and arrowhead was set up over 20 years ago, as a Private Limited Liability Company to undertake the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural, industrial chemicals and other manufacturing activities. Today, the areas of business interests span from Manufacturing of Sugar, Cement, Flour Milling, Oil Milling, Port Concession, Real Estate Development, Oil & Gas and Shipping.
The BUA Group has built a formidable clout in industrial and commercial activities in the real sector of the Nigerian economy. Apart from being adjudged the preferred bidder for the Delta Steel Company, Aladja, the Group also supervises the operations of the following subsidiaries –
· BUA Flour Mills Limited - Incorporated in 2005 and controls two plants in Lagos (Tin Can Port Industrial Estate) and Kano, (Bompai Industrial Estate), each with a capacity of 500 metric tons of wheat per day.
· BUA Oil Mills Limited – Recently acquired and also into large-scale production of edible oil
· BUA Sugar Refineries Limited - With an ultra-modern 2000 MT (per day) Sugar Refinery Plant at Tin Can Port Industrial Estate, Lagos and the recently acquired Lafiagi Sugar Plant in Kwara State. It is into the production of Industrial (Used in the production of Soft drinks, breweries, Juice) and Consumable (used in the production of Biscuits, Confectionaries, bakeries and For Household) sugar. BUA Sugar is known for its superior taste and quality. It’s favoured by distributors and consumers alike because of its superior quality and it’s forfeited with Vitamin A.
· Lafiaji Sugar Limited – To reduce the importation of raw sugar and for backward integration, Lafiaji Sugar with a mass of 5,5000 Hectares was acquired by BUA in the year 2008.
It is situated by the banks of River Niger and along Puta Road, Lafiaji in Edu LGA of Kwara State – about 130 Km away from Ilorin, off Bode-Saadu Rd/Lagos-Kaduna highway. Lafiaji Sugar Company Limited was incorporated on April 16, 1971 as a JV between the FGN & Mehta Group of India to farm Sugarcane on 7,750 Hectares, harvest and process and refine 75,000 metric tons of white granulated sugar per annum.
· BUA Cement – Owns and operates a floating cement terminal, the BUA Cement I.
· BUA Estates Development Limited – The Group diversified into real estate as a way of tackling Nigeria’s housing challenge. Various luxury properties have so far been developed in Abuja and other parts of Nigeria
· BUA Ports & Terminals Limited – Is the concessionaire for the Port Harcourt Terminal `B’ of the Nigeria Ports Authority, NPA. The company became concessionaire after a highly competitive bidding process under the Public Enterprise (Privatisation and Commercialisation) Act No. 28 of 1999. As terminal operators, BUA Ports & Terminals have the mandate to manage the four (4) berths in the terminal.
· Edo Cement Company Limited
Whilst consolidating on its various achievements, the Group continues to explore actively - locally and internationally - for sound pockets of investment in line with the Group’s vision of unlocking opportunities and remaining a first class regional and international conglomerate.